Monday, February 02, 2009

We're now into week 5 of 8 of Learning 2.0 at OPL. This week we're looking at Delicious. I appreciate having my bookmarks available no matter which computer I'm on. I mostly use Delicious through my iGoogle Page. With the Delicious gadget in iGoogle, you can limit which tags you wish to appear in it. I have one widget with my library tagged bookmarks and one with my tech bookmarks.

If there were ever a followup to this workshop, I would include iGoogle as one of the workshops. (I'd also try to find more money for bigger and better prizes too!)

6 comments:

BookPusher said...

There is a Delicious widget for iGoogle? YUM! Thanks for the tip, Matt, as I love my iGoogle. It is a great tool to share because it is so darn handy.

Kstari Wolfman. said...

So I added it, but cannot figure out how to customize what displays. Please help.

Matt said...

You should be able to customize the widget by clicking on the menu button (usually in the top left corner of the widget beside the delete and minimize button). There you can add a username and limit by tags etc...

BookPusher said...

Hmmmm. That drop down arrow is not giving me that option...just Share this gadget, You might also like, & About this gadget. Nor is the Menu button that links to LabPixies. Huh? I think it may not be working properly bc peeps were complaining about it not working on the iGoogle forum.

Matt said...

hmmm....Maybe I'm using a different delicious widget than you. Here's a link to the one I'm using:

Delicious Widget

BookPusher said...

Yes, yes that's the ticket. Thanks, Matt!